National Authorities Recognition or Designation Assistance Program (NARDAP)
This program is intended to provide general assistance to any certification body (CB) seeking recognition from foreign authorities. This assistance is offered over and above the accreditation services to which the body is entitled.
Within the framework the NARDAP program, the CAEQ assists CBs through demonstrating either their equivalency or their compliance. By assessing and monitoring their certification program’s equivalency or compliance with the requirements of foreign authorities, the CAEQ can help them secure recognition from authorities in the following countries, in accordance with the scopes in parentheses:
- Canada (Canadian Organic Standards)
- United States (US-Canada Organic Equivalence Arrangement for products orginating from Canada or any foreign country)
- European Union (Reg. EC 834/2007)
- Québec (Aquaculture products, dietary supplements, etc.)
The CAEQ accreditation program meets the requirements of ISO 17011 international standards. Not only is this compliance made mandatory by provincial regulations in Québec, but the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has confirmed it following an assessment of the CAEQ program.
What makes our services different
The CAEQ services are offered to all bodies certifying agricultural and food products or services related to that sector, yet it uses only a single accreditation reference manual.
The CAEQ differs from other assessment or accreditation bodies as a result of its pragmatic approach, timely services and reasonable prices. Its objective is to build long-term relationships with all certification bodies that have joined its accreditation program.
Over and above its accreditation services, the CAEQ also provides services such as maintaining a certified product database, comparing standards for equivalency determination purposes, etc.
Using our service
All certification bodies registered with the CAEQ accreditation program are fully eligible to services provided within the NARDAP framework.
The CAEQ provides an access code to the administrators of each body, allowing them to view a restricted certifier area on the CAEQ web site, where all the documents related to this program are maintained.
Our program officers communicate with you using your primary email address. As such they can notify you about any instructions relative to new requirements as well as activities to be undertaken by the CAEQ.
Benefits for certification bodies
- The organization can extend the scope of its activities with the same accreditation body at a reasonable cost.
- The organization will develop an understanding of the various aspects of foreign regulations and be in a position to provide accurate information to its clients.
- The certification body’s clients will be the first to benefit from a foreign authority recognition of the CB. From now the marketing of organic products can be directed towards this new market.
- Rapid recognition by foreign certification bodies authorities will most certainly translate into a competitive advantage.
Fees applicable to a minor extension in accreditation will be charged to accredited certifiers. Any body not yet accredited must submit an application to the CAEQ. To learn more about these fees, please consult our fee schedule.